Home care and home health agencies are looking for qualified PCAs to employ. The need for PCAs is expected to increase dramatically.
Cardinal Institute for Health Careers offers Personal Care Aide (PCA) courses during the day, in the evening, and on weekends. Our 40-hour course is approved by the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS). With your PCA Certificate, you will be able to be employed by local Home Care and Home Health agencies that provide services to Medicaid and Medicare clients.
This Program is an entry-level course where you will learn all the essential skills required to safely care for others in their homes, including how to:
• Provide healthcare tasks and personal hygiene services
• Perform home management tasks, including housekeeping, laundry, and shopping
• Prepare meals and assist with feeding
• Assist with transfers and ambulation using a cane, walker, and wheelchair
• Assist in a patient's home maintenance exercise programs
In our new location, located in Stafford County at Route 17 and I-95 South (the “Strayer building”), our classrooms are spacious and comfortable. There is a separate 4-bed Skills Lab and other nursing equipment to learn and practice the skills needed to care for individuals safely in their homes.
Call us today and we can discuss the program in depth with you and answer your questions. Even better, visit us in our new facility to see our classrooms and skills lab. When you’re ready, join us in the program. We would love to have you!