Medication Management Aide (MMA)
Cardinal Institute for Health Careers’ Medication Management Aide education program (MMA) is designed to prepare individuals to provide medication administration in the following facilities: Intermediate care facilities for the mentally handicapped, group homes, and Department of Behavioral Health and Disability Services (DHDS).
This MMA education program is 40 clock hours, divided as:
- 32 hours of classroom & skills instruction
- 8 hours of diabetic program.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Must have basic Math skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a government issued photo ID
- Must have a social security card
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds throughout the entire class and clinical sessions
Program Completion Requirements
Cognitive testing in form of quizzes/exams are given and the student must pass with an 90% or better for successful completion of the program. Skills are checked off and must be satisfactory to successfully complete the Medication Management Aide education program.
A certificate of proof for successful completion of the course will be awarded at completion of program.